Richmond Depot Royal Blue Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond Depot Royal Blue Trousers

I found a thread awhile back that stated the Kochan & Philips, K&P Historical Textiles would be offering Richmond Blue / Saxon Blue Kersey for ANV trouser material if they had enough requests to do so. So I sent off a email asking such. I did receive a response from Mr. Kochan. The response read that they are asking for a color sample to match a pair of trousers in a NC museum. And that they don't want to guess on the color and get it wrong. Maybe someone can be of help to them and make this happen. His email address is: jameskochan@comcast.net
    John DeCaro

Re: Richmond Depot Royal Blue Trousers

John,
    James makes some very nice material. I have some of his Tait Blue Gray Army Cloth but I would like to point out that Charlie Childs currently has some wonderful CS sky blue kersey that is a virtual match to at least one form of the material run through the Blockade used in the Richmond Depot for Trousers in late 1863 and 1864. From the work that Dave Burt has done the English Blue Army cloth was listed by various color designations and most probably was in various shades. Charlie's material is a virtual color match to the material in the Redwood trousers in the MOC which were almost certainly manufactured by the RCB operation. Unless you absolutely must have Saxon Blue, this is terrific material, is "spot on" to what was used in Richmond production and is available right now. Just my $0.02
    Dick Milstead
    Hardaway's Alabama Battery
    The Company of Military Historians
    Richard Milstead

Comment

Working...
    X