British Import Canteens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Import Canteens

There is an old thread on here from 2004 about British Import canteens. There are at least nine examples in museums like Old Hulp Hill, Warren Rifles Museum as well as others in private collections.
    All the ones I have seen or read about all have the British acceptance markings of the WD or BO with dates. My question is:
    Do any of the surviving canteens have definite provenance to the war, or any particular soldier?
    Recent research concludes that some came in in 1864, and there is one that was supposedly picked up at Menchey's Spring after the Battle of Gettysburg.

Has anyone any more evidence of them?

Dave Burt
    David Burt, Co Author "Suppliers to the Confederacy: British Imported Arms and Accoutrements" "Suppliers to the Confederacy II: S. Isaac Campbell & Co, London - Peter Tait & Co, Limerick, Out Now

Re: British Import Canteens

Dave,

I tried to reply to your private message and was told you won't/aren't allowed to receive private messages. Please contact me at wrodman1@aol.com

Thanks,
    Bill Rodman, King of Prussia, PA

Comment

Re: British Import Canteens

Bill,

Email sent. Many thanks.

Regards,

Dave Burt
      David Burt, Co Author "Suppliers to the Confederacy: British Imported Arms and Accoutrements" "Suppliers to the Confederacy II: S. Isaac Campbell & Co, London - Peter Tait & Co, Limerick, Out Now

Comment

Working...
      X