Spencer / Henry Defarb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer / Henry Defarb

I'll go ahead and apologize if A) this isn't in the right location and B) if it's already been asked and debated. I did look, but was unable to find the info I was wanting.

Does anyone BESIDES Zimmerman do a defarb of a Spencer or Henry? Lodgewood does not and I would rather have a hot poker run through my eye than to speak with Zimmerman again.

Thanks for any help!
    ​Andy Johnson

Re: Spencer / Henry Defarb

Mr. Johnson,

Please sign your name to every post. You can add this to your profile. Please read through the rules.
    AC Forum Rules

RULES FOR THE AUTHENTIC CAMPAIGNER

I. GENERAL RULES

1) Sign Your Name - At the Bottom of Every Post, Sign Your First and Last Name - A username which contains your full name does NOT pass muster.
    Thank You,

Brent Dacus

The AC Admin
    The Company of Military Historians
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust

Are you reading? I still am...

Comment

A 'defarbed' modern cartridge firearm is felony in some locations, because it involves altering the serial numbers and manufacturers' information.
      Andrew Grim
      The Monte Mounted Rifles, Monte Bh'oys

Burbank #406 F&AM
      x-PBC, Co-Chairman of the Most Important Committee
      Peter Lebeck #1866, The Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
      Billy Holcomb #1069, Order of Vituscan Missionaries

Comment

Hallo!

Correct.

While there is often much confusion and error when it comes to Federal law confusing "serial numbers" on reproduction CW muzzleloaders, cartridge guns are a horse of a different color.

Since they ARE modern firearms and not Federally exempt as pre 1898 guns or are excluded as non-firearms....

USC TITLE 18 PART I CHAPTER 44 § 922 reads in part:

It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to transport, ship, or receive, in interstate or foreign commerce, any firearm which has had the importer’s or manufacturer’s serial number removed, obliterated, or altered or to possess or receive any firearm which has had the importer’s or manufacturer’s serial number removed, obliterated, or altered and has, at any time, been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

In this case, it would not matter what individual states or cities might do differently to be less strict (off hand I do not believe any do), Federal law is... everywhere.

Curt
        Curt Schmidt
        In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
        -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
        -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
        -Vastly Ignorant
        -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
        X