Prairie Grove arsenal pack label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prairie Grove arsenal pack label

I have tried the search function to no avail. I'm making arsenal packs for the Prairie Grove, Arkansas 152nd event next month and was wondering what arsenal was supplying the Confederates in Arkansas in November-December of 1862. I'd like to find a label for my packs if one exists or if it would be a better idea to go without a label rather than make something up. Any help at all would be great! Thanks
    Dan Stilley
    Tater Mess/ Holmes Brigade
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Proud descendant of Elijah and Nathan Mosher- 3rd Iowa Volunteer Infantry
    Henry Hollenbeck- 11th Kansas Cavalry Co. B
    Greenberry Kelly- 2nd Iowa Infantry
    John Riley Stilley- 128th Illinois Infantry
    Thomas Freeborn-72nd Illinois Infantry Co. I[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"]Killed at Franklin, Tennessee[/COLOR]

Re: Prairie Grove arsenal pack label

Hindman was really working his political connections and defying our conventional wisdom on the supply front. There's a great secondary source on the campaign that was published in the past few years that includes a bunch of supply details, but I don't have it handy, nor do I remember the title or author (that isn't very helpful, is it?).
    Pat Brown

Comment

Plain, unlabelled packs would be most authentic. Hindman had been scouring the state for resources all the previous summer after Van Dorn had packed up most of the military material left in the state and taken it with him to Mississippi/Tennessee. Ammunition was still being made in limited amounts at Little Rock, but records show that they had taken the library books to be used for cartridge papers.
      Tom Ezell

Comment

Do you have the original source for the library book Cartridges? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
        X