ANV Flag Staffs and Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANV Flag Staffs and Finals

I've been trying to find some information about the flag staffs and the finals that were issued to the ANV with Regimental flags. I've only found one referenced in a book so far, but nothing that directly links the final or staff to the ANV. There is mention that the staffs were painted red with gold painted finals. I'm specifically looking for information as to staff sizes, materials, final patterns and construction if anyone may have information that they would care to share. Appreciate any help!

... found a couple of threads on the subject here on the forum that didn't come up for some reason the first time I searched. But mostly links to vendors and persons.
    Last edited by teufelhund; 12-29-2014, 09:06 AM.
    ~Marc Shaffer~

Re: ANV Flag Staffs and Finals

Marc,

Don't know if you saw this thread http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...light=Tredegar It has a photo of some original staffs at Tredegar; I don't know if they were actually issue staffs or not, but supposed to have been used with ANV flags.
    Greg Walden

Comment

Several years back I did a rough study of the staffs on loan to Tredegar from the MOC. Send me a PM with your email and I will dig it up over the weekend.

Of the 122 staffs in possession of the MOC, very few are formal. You might want to contact them to see if anyone has done a more expansive study than mine.
      Last edited by ley74; 12-29-2014, 11:04 PM. Reason: Whoops
      Ley Watson
      POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Thanks for the link Greg. Shows like about everything CS, that there is a very wide variety of styles. Lots'of photos of ANV flags out there, but very sparse on the flag staffs.

Sent a PM to you Ley. Appreciate the help fellas!
        ~Marc Shaffer~

Comment

Working...
        X