Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedersoli Lorenz

Hello all,
    I wanted to pass along some good news I stumbled into which is that the Lorenz is on the horizon for Pedersoli. I sent a basic email to Pedersoli's customer service, hoping to add another voice to the chorus of those interested in seeing it reproduced. Here is the response I got:
    Dear Mr. Holman,

Thank you for your email and for the continuous confidence you are giving to our products.

The Lorenz rifle is a project we are currently having working on progress and we forecast to be ready to introduce it at the end of 2016.
    If you want to reserve one to be among the first customers to receive it, we suggest you contact one of the following two companies:

IFG-NA, LLC dba Italian Firearms Group

1619 South Kentucky, Suite B-210 - P.O. Box 2726 - 79105 - AMARILLO, TX
    Telefono: 1-800-450-1852 / 1-806-398-0777 / 1-806-398-0778
    Fax: 1-806-398-0779
    Email: Justin@ItalianFirearmsGroup.com
    DIXIE GUN WORKS INC.

Reelfoot Avenue - P.O.Box 130 - 38261 - UNION CITY, TN.
    Telefono: 001 731 885 0561
    Fax: 001 731 885 0440
    Email: Info@dixiegunworks.com
    Web: www.dixiegunworks.com

The price is not yet available, however it will be of the same price average of our Silver Line rifles.

Best regards,
    Customer service

I hope this will give some of us hope that we will see a well made Italian reproduction of the Lorenz in the near future. No doubt there are still some inexpensive originals around, but this is a great alternative to field with a modern firearm. Obviously, without any of us laying eyes on it, the jury is out on how well they will pull it off, but I have faith that they will make a good reproduction.

All the best,
    John
    [B]John C. Holman[/B]
    Liberty Rifles

Re: Pedersoli Lorenz

That would be around $1200 : http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/long-...order=name&p=1
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Then you have the cost to defarb the thing. Might as well buy an original at that price.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy that they are listening to folks and taking all of their time and effort to create a nice reproduction, but these things are just not affordable.
      Just my 2 cents.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. For those that have an original that is always a good route but for those that have living history demo's at NMP sites I will be curious how these look and function.

Hopefully a lot better than the last round of Lorenz reproductions out there.

Thanks for sharing.
        Tom Klas
        Hard Head Mess
        Citizens Guard

Comment

$1200, plus the defarb and bayonet. Guess you might as well buy an original. I wonder who has one for sale
          Jason David

Peter Pelican
          36th Illinois Co. "B"
          Prodigal Sons Mess
          Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

I think I paid $1,000 for my original, but that was 8 or so years ago.

Tom K. is right, however. If you want to work with the NPS, original pieces are not really an option.
            John Wickett
            Former Carpetbagger
            Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

I know I'd purchase one. That would be a fantastic addition to the collection.
              ​Andy Johnson

Comment

Cabela's runs a sale on the Pedersoli P53 for $750 every so often. It was available for that price a week or so ago, which is $200 off their regular price. I suspect the Lorenz will be in the $1000 to $1200 range when it first comes out then "cool off." Either way, it's an option we did not have before.

In the past, the Italian repro gun makers were not interested in having another European rifle or rifle musket that competed directly with their Enfields (in their eyes). This is a step toward meeting the pent up demand in the market so to speak. Pedersoli is also popular with black powder target match enthusiasts and they are big in the International competitions in Europe. They want to be good enough for the living history community but it is not actually their primary focus.

It remains to be seen if their Lorenz will have the correct historical features such as the lock configuration, bore diameter and rifling system that made the original Austrian Lorenz so unique.
                Craig L Barry
                Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
                Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
                Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
                Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

I may be in the minority here, but I've always found Pedersoli products to be notably better than other Italian repops in terms of quality, finish, weight and, particularly, their rifling. Because of this, my view has always been that, if you can afford it, it's worth paying a few hundred dollars more for a Pedersoli. After all, a rifle is a long-term purchase and an extra $200-300 amortized over 10 or 15 years is an immaterial amount (in my view).

I would also point out that Pedersoli has a history of responding to demand from reenacting communities for very specific models. For example, they released a re-pops of both the Modèle 1777 Revolutionnaire and Modèle 1777 corrigé en l' an IX based on demand from the Napoleonic reenacting community for Charleville muskets correct to the 1792-1800 and 1801-1815 periods.

So in other words, hearing this news makes me cautiously optimistic because I've wanted a decent quality Lorenz reproduction for years!
                  Dave Schwartz,
                  Company B, 79th NY Vols.
                  (New York Highland Guard)

Comment

Mr. Wickett, I know this is going to sound "Ludicrous" I paid $750 for mine three years ago, there was some travel and shipping involved on my part and it's well worth the price I paid.
                    Thanks,

Chad Phillips

Comment

And a beautiful Lorenz it is Chad!
                      IIRC Tyler Scott picked his up with bayonet for around $500 and it is in great shape as well.
                      Tyler Underwood
                      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                      Governor Guards, WIG

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Underwood View Post
                        And a beautiful Lorenz it is Chad!
                        IIRC Tyler Scott picked his up with bayonet for around $500 and it is in great shape as well.
                        Actually, it was about $900 (bayonet included). But considering what I've seen other originals go for, I think I got a deal. I got it on gunbroker. With some patience, you can find some good deals on there.
                        Tyler D. Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty017 View Post
                          Actually, it was about $900
                          I cannot remember where I got $500. $900 is still a great price for yours though. That thing is beautiful!
                          Tyler Underwood
                          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                          Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Back 15 or 20 years ago, Lorenz rifles could be had for dirt cheap, as commanded to Springfield and Enfields. It wasn't until the gun show crowd figured out that they were "Corn-fed-rate" guns that prices started taking off. In the mid-90's I paid around $350 for my "G" stamped Lorenz at a Butterfield & Butterfield auction of all places.
                            Dave Schwartz,
                            Company B, 79th NY Vols.
                            (New York Highland Guard)

Comment

Dave, I have a "W" stamp on the underside of the stock on my Lorenz maybe Mr.Barry could chime in on this and give a little info.? Thanks for the compliment Tyler, I have held several Lorenz rifles and I have to say mine compared to others is in fine shape.
                              Thanks,

Chad Phillips

Comment

Working...
                              X