Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versatile brogan or bootee

Hello all,

I am trying to find a brogan or bootee that will be the most versatile for various impressions. Something that could be used for early and late war impressions. Is there any footwear that saw substantial use throughout the duration of the conflict? Would the Donelson Bootee offered by Missouri Boot and Shoe fit this bill as it was also sold in the South before the war and could be used for early Confederate impressions as well as Federal ones? I would really like to purchase the Donelson boots but want to know if they are as versatile as what I am looking for. Any help really would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Joe
    Last edited by ; 11-29-2016, 08:10 PM.

Re: Versatile brogan or bootee

What size are you looking for? I have a pair of used Donelson boots for sale. Used at 5 events and in great shape. I use them for a variety of impressions and they are incredibly durable. I wear a 12.5 or 13 in modern shoes and these fit well.
    Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
    SCAR

Comment

Do you think these could be used for Confederate or Union impressions? If so what time period of theatre would be appropriate. I think these could be used almost anywhere at anytime for a basic generic impression. What are your feelings.

Joe

Comment

They were common civilian shoes of the period and are appropriate for nearly all Confederate impressions throughout the war. While the Federals were outfitted with shoes regularly there is plenty of photographic evidence showing civilian shoes and boots, especially among western troops. I got rid of my Federal shoes when I got these with the intention of using them for everything since they are sturdier and taller. The style is quite versatile.
        Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
        SCAR

Comment

Working...
        X