English import leathers... cap box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English import leathers... cap box?

Perhaps my skills with the search function are failing, so if this has been well addressed...

For CS troops issued English import Enfield boxes, belts, etc, what is known that they used for cap boxes? One can find repros of the smaller bullet pouches and also the buff cap pouches that I understand were worn on the box sling. But in issued execution, what is known from any images or accounts? There is the attraction of variety in, say, using a British Enfield cartridge box and scabbard/frog, and even a British belt. But then I am at a loss for the appropriate cap box aside from a known US/CS pattern...

What is a reasonable timeframe for the Confederacy to have begun receiving these items from the British and any known prevalence in the east vs. the west, or a balance of distribution as items made it through the blockade and then out to the armies?

Any insights are welcome.

Best regards

Ben
    Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Re: English import leathers... cap box?

Entrepot: Government Imports into the Confederate States [Webster, C. L., III] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Entrepot: Government Imports into the Confederate States

- - - Updated - - -

Joe Knight

Armory Guards
    Yocona Rip Raps
    "Semper Tyrannis."

Comment

Re: English import leathers... cap box?

Superb linked thread, thank you
      Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Comment

Working...