26th North Carolina 1862

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 26th North Carolina 1862

Looks good, however if I may offer some constructive advice, put the tin cup IN your haversack and hitch up both the haversack/canteen so it doesn't bang against your leg on the march. Do you plan to wear a slouch at all (and are you going to get a knapsack, etc or just go with a simple blanket roll)?

Again, not to be mean, just stuff I've learned along the way as well (been in this hobby almost twenty years (joined in '99 at 16 years old).

Take care!
    Robert F. Wallace
    38th NCT (River Rat Mess)
    North State Rifles

"Do your duty in all things...for you can do no more and should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee

Comment

Re: 26th North Carolina 1862

Thanks Robert for your advices. You have absolutely right and I ll take advantage of all you mentionned. Actually concernong my cup, I just wanted to show it just beacause of the pic. It's been become an habit to me as all of us to carry it in the haversack. More practical indeed. And I'm glad you noticed the lenght of my haversack's sling because it became very unpleasant and it is a good occasion to reduce it by hitching it up ! Spot on !
      I have a slouch hat but for that particular impression I will wear a kepi. And a blanket roll ! I m definitively a blanket roll supporter. The 26th NC as I read, began to have some supply issues especially after summer 62. If the regiment had relatively been well furnished in Jacket particularly, it suffered from a lack of blanket, shoes, socks. And most of the men had let their knapsack during the summer campaing 62.
      I've been reenacting for 9 years. And I'm proud to tell you that I do not give my age on the pic ! have to guess !
      Take care too !
      Pv. Adrien "Aubrey" Marzuola
      French Mess

Comment

Working...
      X