Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrison Footlocker

Pards,
    Our unit is always looking to expand our garrison impression and we stumbled across footlocker plans on the interwebs. I have personally not had the opportunity to inspect an original, have never seen an original, and have never read of any accounts of originals. There are several things that come up with Google, and the boxes all look different, and look nothing like the attached diagram. These plans do not include the finish type, provenance, citations, etc. So here is my question:

As Freddy Mercury put it, "Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?" Farb of factual footlocker plans?

Thanks in advance.
    Den Bolda

Civil War era foot locker plans PDF.pdf
    Den Bolda

Re: Garrison Footlocker

Granted it's only single source, but foot lockers aren't mentioned at all in 10 Years in the Ranks by Augustus Meyers. He does describe how equipment and uniforms were stowed in prewar forts, on the frontier and regularly writes about what he had with him during the war, I don't recall any mention of a foot locker in any of those places, and given his attention to detail, that seems like something he'd have mentioned if he had one.
    Rob Warren
    GySgt 2d MarDiv

Comment

Working...
    X