Manual of Arms with the Henry Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual of Arms with the Henry Rifle

This thought came to mind after learning about the Fort Blakely event in 2019. Some men of the 37th Illinois carried repeating rifles at Fort Blakely, and this may have included henry rifles. I know this is a general question, but what manual of arms would have been used with the henry rifle?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Henry Rife.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	232315

(I was not able to find anything on this topic with the search function, but if this has already been discussed I will delete this thread)
    Ben Beckman

17 and been a living historian for 2 years. New to this side of the hobby, always looking for events to go to.

Re: Manual of Arms with the Henry Rifle

You can still perform the manual of arms with a Henry or even Colt Revolving Rifle, but the only problem is stacking arms. Generally we'll just swap the repeater out and stack occordingly.
    Mark Krausz
    William L. Campbell
    Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
    Old Northwest Volunteers
    Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

Re: Manual of Arms with the Henry Rifle

I was curious about that as well, and in fact this past week another guy who has a Henry and I were talking about this very topic. I wondered if they may have used a modified version of Cavalry carbine drill? Until the other guy brought it up last week, I had completely overlooked that issue.
      Frank Siltman
      24th Mo Vol Inf
      Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
      Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
      Company of Military Historians
      Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
      X