X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Research on the AC

Greetings:

The foundation of the Authentic Campaigner is the knowledge that our many members have contributed over the years. We strive to do things as accurately as possible. That is what separates the members of this community from the reenacting population at-large. But... this information is based on research. It has been accumulated by viewing original artifacts, reading Official Reports, diaries, requisition reports. In other words, it comes from documented facts and not opinion.

We pride ourselves here that we have a literal library of information. Because of our format, you can search for just about any Civil War topic under the sun and more often-than-not, you will find an article or discussion that fits-the-bill. However, like any good library, the process of learning is continuous. We would be remiss if we didn't honor those who came before us to provide the foundation. We would be mistaken if we didn't continue the quest for more information.

This information comes from our membership. We encourage our members to share what you have learned. If there is something that has become "conventional wisdom", please think about it critically first. If you want to challenge it, provide documentation. Provide research. Do some homework. That is all we ask. Ask yourself, "What information will this generation leave for the next?". Challenge yourself to add to the research we have gathered here already.

Some criticisms I often hear about the current hobby are that "people don't research anymore." "The authentic hobby is resting on it's laurels." "People aren't reading books anymore". "The old-timers used to go and look at original uniforms." Well, I don't agree and I would love to see more of it here.

As we have often said, "Authenticity is Not a Destination, but a Journey". Hop on board!
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner
Working...
X