Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone ID who made these repro Fed blankets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone ID who made these repro Fed blankets?

Hello all, back in 2012 when I returend to the USA from an overseas tour, it initally appeard that my two large foot lockers of gear that were in storage were MIA. Thankfully they were located well after the fact. Mean time, I went on a buying spree to replace what I had thought was lost... In this spree, I pirchased two Federal issue blankets. One for sure is a Nick ************ (I expect that'll get bleeped out... the fella no one on here apparently can mention but now has a shop in Gettysburg), and the other I just can't recall if I scored a Wisconson veterna's museum blanket, or a blanket from still a highly reputable vendor.

I have an party interested in buying, one of them (and perhaps the other will be for sale too), but I cannot positively ID which is from where. I appeal to the knowlege of the board to assist in letting me know which is from where...

Both are of regulation size (big).

You can imagine my relief when in the end, my two lockers of gear were located containing my (still used) early 90's Charlie Childs blanket, among other nice wears. Meanwhile, I have a surplus of Federal blankets and will be grateful for any opinions on the one's in the pics. As you can see, one is more a brown color, the other more grey.

Reagrds

Ben
    Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Re: Can anyone ID who made these repro Fed blankets?

The brown one with the solid "US" stitching appears to be the Woodburn-Mount version of the Abe Thomas blanket.
    Michael Semann
    AC Staff Member Emeritus.

Comment

The grey looking one looks like mine that I purchased from S&S back in 2013 just from the color and the stitching but could be wrong.
      Ethan Whitehall
      Co. D 2nd US Sharpshooters

Comment

The 2nd pic (brown blanket) is a New Jersey guy US blanket. The US is chainstitched. It is almost identical to the Matt Woodburn run of Julius Jones blankets. I need to see the selvage on the stripe of the other blanket to positively ID it, but I'm not sure its the S&S blanket.
        Mike Barnes

Blanket Collector (Hoarder)
        44th VA / 25th OH

Comment

To all who replied or messaged, thank you for the info. These blankets have also found new homes.

Best regards

Ben
          Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Comment

Working...
          X