Walker's Texas Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker's Texas Division

I have just received my copy of _Walker's Texas Division, C.S.A.: Greyhounds of the Trans-Mississippi_ by Richard Lowe, Louisiana State University Press, 2004, 2003021052. From the jacket, Daniel Sutherland says: "Richard Lowe deserves much praise. To have so vividly recreated the campaigns and battles of this unique division would have been achievement enough, but he has also fashioned an intimate portrait of the men. It is a compelling story and a notable contribution to our understanding of the entire war." Arthur Bergeron--"Lowe has produced the first modern history of a long-neglected Texas Confederate infantry division. Meticulously researched and written to be enjoyed by professional and avocational historian alike, the book fills an important gap in Civil War literature. It belongs in the libraries of everyone who has an interest in Texas history, the story of the trans-Mississippi theater of operations, and the life of the common soldier."

I think this book will also probably head to the top of the "must read" list for anyone portraying a Trans-Mississippi Texas soldier.

Vicki Betts
    vbetts@gower.net

Re: Walker's Texas Division

I recently got myself a copy of Walker's Division and I must say, it is now my favorite unit history.
    Bill Backus

Comment

Working...
    X