X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Question to the Experts

Pards,

Am a REAL "Fresh Fish" and am in the process of getting fitted out to reenact.
    I was doing research to have my Columbus Shell Jacket made and was thinking of having it made by C & D Jarnigan Co. of Mississippi when I just came across some old post saying their uniforms were basicly TRASH.

I had some dealings with them 5 years or so ago and bought some equipment from them and thought it was pretty good. Is their clothing still sub-standard? I want to get good quality stuff for my money so am asking the experts.

PLEASE ADVISE.

Tks for the advice.
    S!

Andrew, use the search functions for MANY threads on uniforms and sutlers. - Mike Chapman
    Last edited by dusty27; 07-11-2004, 08:02 AM.

Re: Uniform Question to the Experts

Andrew - Jarnagin uniforms are incorrect in pattern, material and construction. Do not buy them.

Check out the links section for the approved vendors - you will note several uniform makers that can supply you with a CD jacket, if that is the most prevalent uniform jacket for your chosen initial impession.

Recommend you read the following article on the CD jacket: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Qu...d/cdjacket.htm

In my opinion, a short list of the best makers would include:

CJ Daley (McDonnell jacket)
    County Cloth - Charles Childs (so called Type 1 and Type 2)
    Cotton City Tailors (Weller, McDonnell and Jones Jackets)

Recommend you contact Tom Ezell, your commander, for more guidance as well.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Re: Uniform Question to the Experts

In short, yes, their clothing is substandard in many respects.

You can find quality reproduction jackets from approved vendors on this forum. They will not let you down.
      Brian Koenig
      SGLHA
      Hedgesville Blues

Comment

Working...
      X