Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12th Georgia uniforms

hello fellas,
    I joined a unit called 12th Georgia Co.F, its sort of a mish mash of progressive, mainstreamer, and hardcore. I am on the line of progressive/hardcore. But thats what i expect for being up north. My question is, wheremost of the Georgia unitos issued commutation jackets? or richmond depot? i would greatly appreciate some information on uniforms.

Sincerely,
    Alex Belhumeur

Re: 12th Georgia uniforms

Alex

I highly recomend you read this article:

Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Henry W. Thomas "History of the Doles-Cook Brigade" (Morningside Reprint, 1981) has quite a few photos of 12th GA guys in their first uniforms, mostly frocks, both blue and grey.

Bob Williams
      Reilly's NC Btty
      Bob Williams
      26th North Carolina Troops
      Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

thank you very much for your help

Sincerely,
        Alex Belhumeur

Comment

Try going to the sources as well:

Our website was redesigned, and many items have moved during the transition. But we have some ways of helping you locate the information you're looking for:

I'm sorry to say the only Georgia regimental order books that have apparently survived at the National Archives are those for the 10th Georgia.

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
          Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Hello Alex,

For late war use, there is a jacket that is ID'd to a member of the 12th Georgia which was issued to him in Richmond. It's a rather simple roundabout jacket (cut a little differently from a RD jacket, but along those lines), with Georgia buttons. As noted, for early war, there are surviving photos of the 12th in frocks.

Are you in the 12th Ga. that's located in New England?
            Michael McComas
            drudge-errant

Comment

yes micheal, im in the 12th cof, under proals command

email me at the3dmastr@aol.com

Sincerely,
              Alex Belhumeur

Comment

Working...
              X