Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campbell 's shirt

Good morning,

Wanted to remake the Campbell shirt as close as possible I need more information.

I have the CC pattern, the Confederate sketchbook and a picture of the shirt in the Fighting men.

Any others info my be appreciate, especially others pictures - if you have pictured it in the MOC - help to choose the good fabric - osnaburg ? -, etc, etc…

Thank you and best regards from France !
    [I]Gettysburg 1993
    Red River Campaign, April 3-9 1994[/I]

Jean-Marc "Blum" Atlan

Re: Campbell 's shirt

Greetings -

The notes from the MOC indicate it is made of "brown cotton homespun" with bone buttons.

Good luck.
    Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Re: Campbell 's shirt

Yes, the shirt look rally brownish on the picture but I suppose it become brown with years and was off white when new.

I’ll probably used the FHW osnaburg to make it. It is coarser the CC osnaburg and may catch the description of the fabric. I hope !

Anyway, I known it is not easy to take pictures in museums but if somebody has pictures it may be very appreciate…

Thank, Marc, you for your help !
      [I]Gettysburg 1993
      Red River Campaign, April 3-9 1994[/I]

Jean-Marc "Blum" Atlan

Comment

Working...
      X