This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blockade runner frock coat

I was just wondering what the authenticity level is for the blockade runner jean wool frock coat. heres the link to it

Civil War Reenacting supplies and uniforms, shoes, leather goods, weapons, etc. For Men & Women

it is the second item down

thank you,
    chase pinkham

p.s. moderators i apoligize for asking about a farb vendor but i heard some good revews of this coat from a few reenactors and would just like to see what the hard cores think

Re: blockade runner frock coat

Though I have never seen the coat in questing, judging by the other coats I've seen from them it is my opinion that you are better off saving your money and buying a frock that is far superior in authnticity by way of construction and materials. Seeing this brings up the old line heard time and time again.....you get what you pay for.
    Dan Foster

Comment

I agree with Dan...Chase, do yourself a favor and check out the Approved AC vendors post that Paul just updated and the new banners are right here to click on for the best in Authentic clothing. Also click on Chris Daley's post about his Grand Opening in Gettysburg this weekend....
      John Barr
      2nd Delaware

Comment

Chase-

Like the other respondents said, save your money and buy something quality. Chris Daley has overcoats on sale in this month's Bully Buy. You can't go wrong there; I'll put my money where my mouth is - mine is on order!

Dave
        [B]Dave Fullarton[/B]

Comment

Here is a great one by C.J. Daley. It costs more, but is well worth the effort. Best of all 10% goes to the S.C. Relic Room for preservation.

Todd Morris

Proprietor, Morris & Company Historical Clothiers

http://morrisclothiers.com

Canton Lodge #60 F&AM Canton, Ohio

In Memorium: Pvt. Simon Morris, Co. G, 78th OVI Died: April 14, 1863 Jefferson Barracks, Missouri
          Joseph Rezin Thompson, 1st W.Va. Light Artillery
          Azville W. Lindsey, Co. G, 12th W.Va. Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Just to let you know, you will not be able to get a recommendation here for a product sold by someone who is not listed as an "Approved Vendor" on the links page of this website.
            Phil Graf

Can't some of our good friends send us some tobacco? We intend to "hang up our stockings." if they can't send tobacco, please send us the seed, and we will commence preparing the ground; for we mean to defend this place till h-ll freezes over, and then fight the Yankees on the ice.

Private Co. A, Cook's Reg't, Galveston Island.

Comment

Chase,

I just got me a C.S.A. Frock from Dan Wambaugh(W&W Company) and I just love it. The Blockade Runner frock is $190.00 and I paid $275.00 for mine. You would be better off to save another hundred dollars and get a great frock and know that you have gotten something that will be worth keeping. My two cents.
              Jason Lewis

Comment

Hallo Kamerad!

Being new to the AC Forum, it takes a little while to learn the ropes and culture here.

"p.s. moderators i apoligize for asking about a farb vendor but i heard some good revews of this coat from a few reenactors and would just like to see what the hard cores think"

1. Please do not apologize as an excuse for having done something anyway.
                2. "Hearsay" is usually worth exactly what one pays for it.
                3. It is not what the 'hard cores think,' or what 'reenactors' say; it is how the reproduction compares to the original(s) in materials, patterns, and methods of construction. (Non-approved vendors, as a rule and as a class of suppliers to different segments of the CW Community, usually do not get past materials, patterns, and methods of construction. End of story.)

As shared, there are reasons there are Approved Vendors, and why they appear on the Approved Vendor List.

Please check the functioning and use of your keyboard for the "shift" button for capitalization, and "punctuation" buttons. (Unlike the looseness of IM, the AC Forum strives for scholarly discusion in content as well as form.)

Thanks.

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
                Last edited by Curt Schmidt; 09-02-2004, 10:52 AM.
                Curt Schmidt
                In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
                -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
                -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
                -Vastly Ignorant
                -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Is that a frock coat or a bath robe?
                  John Stillwagon

Comment

Working...
                  X