Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letters of C.P. Goodrich 1st Wisconsin Cavalry

Paul,

We have two very good letters from members of the 1st Wisconsin Cavalry. You can view them at our website: http://www.oshkoshmuseum.org/Virtual/
    If you publish them in your book, please give the museum proper credit and list the Object Identification Number in the footnotes.

Also, check for images on the website. You may want to contact me at the Oshkosh Public Museum, because I know we have some GAR portraits of individual members and a reunion photograph taken in Milwaukee in 1880. Company E & Company G were from Winnebago County, where Oshkosh is located.

scross@ci.oshkosh.wi.us
    Scott Cross
    "Old and in the Way"

Comment

Scott, thanks for the info, I'm checking on it this afternoon. I think you and I graduated at the same university. I went to Southeast Missouri State University and received a B.S. in Historic Preservation. You were also in tha program, right? Thanks for the heads up.

Paul Arnold
      Historic Preservation B.S.
      Southeast Missouri State University, Class of '04
      Paul Arnold

Comment

Hello.

I am the gg grandson of C. Perry Goodrich and have a few of his letters myself. I also have about 150 pages of transcripts of his letters. From the tiny bit I compared, it seems that the transcript of the letters in the post are edited. I have only looked at the first two but mine have additional details about Perry and other people around him.

Interestingly, the oldest letter in my collection is from his wife, Frankie, dated January 5, 1862.

Tom Goodrich Browne
        Saint Paul, Minn.

Comment

It would be wonderful to have images of these letters... would you be willing to scan them and post them for others to see? I am distantly related to the Goodrich family (through the Foster line). It would be wonderful to see and share these wonderful pieces of history!
          -Ro Fleury
          Denver, Colorado

Comment

Working...
          X