Blanket Overcoat Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanket Overcoat Pattern

A ways back someone shared a pattern for making a blanket into an overcoat - try as I might my computer refuses to "cough it up"! It was
    a copy of a article in a southern newspaper. One gentleman had sent me
    a pdf of the steps he went to to make one.
    I would appreciate a copy.
    thanks,
    Befuddled in Berthoud by Bytes

Mr. Simmons, you need to sign all posts here with your full given name - Mike Chapman
    Last edited by dusty27; 10-18-2006, 07:58 AM.
    Don Simmons

Re: Blanket Overcoat Pattern

Could have been Mark Jaeger. He made a nice one.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

drsimm1776, remember to sign your full name so the mods don't get cranky at you.

And if the pattern appears I'd be interested in seeing it. I am interested with "field repair" equipment. The Boys of '61 - '65 were very ingenious in their field repairs.
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

The pattern indeed came from Mark Jaeger in the Winter 2005 issue (Vol 13, No. 1) of "The Watchdog". It is a very informative article based on a diagram in a contemporary newspaper, The Weekly Mississippian, from one Landy A. Linsdsey. There was considerable discussion in older posts that I'm sure were lost in the crash, but I made a wonderful blanket coat with the information provided from Mr. Jaeger and I was very pleased with the results.
        Ross L. Lamoreaux
        rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Greetings,

Anyone desiring information about the Landy Lindsey "army blanket" coat is welcome to contact me privately at:

markj@purdue.edu

Regards,

Mark "Yes, I'm Still Alive" Jaeger
          Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Originally posted by markj
            "Yes, I'm Still Alive" Jaeger
            It is great to see you posting again.
            [B]Charles Heath[/B]
            [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Yes, it is nice indeed to hear from you Mark.
              Frank Perkin

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Heath
                It is great to see you posting again.
                Well, when the cat's away...the mice will play. I no longer reenact, but I do like to drop in and visit old friends from time to time. :wink_smil

Yours, &c.,

Mark Jaeger
                Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

The WINTER 2005 issue (vol 13, no. 1) of The Watchdog is still available. it is only two bucks (postage included) for AC members.

Now that The Watchdog is on the "approved" list, I am all to happy to make a plug.

Comment

My apologies for dragging up such an old thread but does anyone have access to this particular research article? The link on the links page is broken and the search tool yields this thread which has precious little information

*edit*

Disregard!

Mr. Jaeger emailed me the data..... if anyone else wants it, drop me a line.
                    Last edited by Travelin Cornfed; 07-09-2010, 08:00 PM.
                    Andrew "Abner" Martin
                    AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Originally posted by Travelin Cornfed View Post
                      My apologies for dragging up such an old thread but does anyone have access to this particular research article? The link on the links page is broken and the search tool yields this thread which has precious little information

*edit*

Disregard!

Mr. Jaeger emailed me the data..... if anyone else wants it, drop me a line.
                      I would be most greatful, do you have the pattern or the source?
                      Tony Evans[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

"I ain't no damn Yank, I'm a Rebel." My Father's reply to an Australian greeting during WWII.

Comment

I allso would be most greatful, for a copy of the pattern. Conley Sluss

Comment

Working...
                        X