period shoe/boot lasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• period shoe/boot lasts

I realize this is a longshot here, but is anyone aware of any period shoe or boot lasts for sale. I have done some looking to no avail. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Dickerson

ccclinic2007@yahoo.com
    Adam Dickerson

Re: period shoe/boot lasts

I don't know that he has any for sale, but know he is one of the very few (if not only) who use actual period lasts for his footware.

Robert Serio, of Missouri Boot and Shoe, may know where you can acquire some though.

Best Regards
    Jay Stevens
    Tater Mess
    Independent Volunteers
    Iron Man Mess
    Reenactor Preservation Coalition
    Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
    Lost Tribes, October 2009
    Bummers, November 2009
    Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
    The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
    In the Van, August 2010
    Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

You may have already tried this, but check out eBay. I've been able to acquire a few pairs on there. Just type in "shoe last" "cobbler last" etc. And if you don't see any right now, keep checking back. You might also check antique shops. Sometimes they'll have some. It can be tricky to find the right shape and size, though. But worth a try.
      Anna Allen
      <a href="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/">Star of the West Society</a>
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]The Cherry Bounce Girls Mess[/B][/COLOR] :p

[I]It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.[/I]-Andrew Jackson

Comment

Keep checking ebay under the following: shoe lasts, boot lasts, shoe forms, boot forms. Every once and a while I've seen an original last for sale.

You can purchase individually custom made lasts through the following website: http://shoeschool.com/shoeschool/index.html

Though you'll have to purchase some software through them first to get you on the right path.
        Last edited by Ian McWherter; 02-01-2007, 02:18 PM.
        Ian McWherter

"With documentation you are wearing History, without it, it's just another costume."-David W. Rickman

Comment

Same subject different items. There was a really nice set of cobblers tools and period adjustable boot patterns that sold on ebay. They were really cool, unfortuneatly my pocket book could not afford it. They went for aprox $450! I think they were a steal as they were extremely rare!!! In many of my searches I look for, I use a general search of "militaria", among others. They were found in this search.

Jeremy

The Mad Mick
          Jeremy G. Richardson

Preserving History by Recreating the Past!

Comment

I was lucky enough to buy a few original üperiod lasts on ebay a while back. They helped me much to make a pattern for my own last series which were made by a frim here in Germany for me. They are not a copy of the very lasts I have but feature the typical features. If you are interested in apair I could purchase one for you.
            Jan H.Berger
            Hornist

German Mess
            http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

Working...
            X