Sibley Tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sibley Tents

If you are interested I have access to a couple of tripods that Johnston's boys carried out during the Utah Expedition of 1857.
    Jake Beckstrand
    CWPT
    Member of The Iron Rooster Mess

Comment

Frank,
      Thank you so much for the information from the QM manual. Great stuff and most helpful indeed.
      Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
      1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
      Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Frank,

Could you also post anything you found on wall tents?

Chris,

Would you please repose the text of GO #60 in the articles section of the site or here?

Thanks for the help. I just printed the Article Troy recommended and can't wait to dig in!

Best to all,

Will
        Will Eichler

Member, Company of Military Historians
        Saginaw City Light Infantry
        Hubbard Winsor Lodge #420
        Stony Creek Lodge #5

Civil War Digital Digest
        http://civilwardigitaldigest.com/

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
        www.historicfortwaynecoalition.com

Comment

Hi There,
          I'll transcribe what I have on Wall Tents, and post it up in the next day or so. As it's veering away from Sibleys, it might be best posted in a new thread.
          I also have the G.O. 60 orders, so I'll put those up at the same time. If memory serves the early and late war regs are practically identical for this tent (except for punctuation!), but I have never really put the two side by side for comparison.
          The QM pages in Carlisle are a weird and wonderful collection of all types of items, including stuff I've never seen anywhere else -- like the specs for the slings and cases for picks, shovels, and axes (engineer or pioneer tools, I presume?). I have been hoping to put images on a website with transcriptions of the original manual, the 'galley proof' comments, and a comparison with any other specs or originals. Other research always seems to take priority, though....
          Anyway, look for the thread soon!
          Frank Packer

Comment

Working...
          X