Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID' This CS Image??!!!

Howdy All,
    I acquired this afternoon a very nice CDV of what appears to be a Confederate soldier, standing full length in uniform before a canvas backdrop, with his left hand resting on a chair. I thought it would be easy to identify this soldier, but so far I am hitting a bump...Here are the details ( I apologize for being unable to download a copy of the pic)...Back of image is written Great Uncle Joe Van Howden, with the photographer's imprint reading "Columbus Photograph Gallery, No. 124 High Street, Over McDonald's Grocery, J. M. Stevens, Artist"...The soldier is wearing a light colored vest, 12 button light colored shell jacket with epaulettes, slightly darker trowsers ( blue??), and is clutching a black slouch hat with hat cord...Any ideas??? Thanks, Tom
    Tom "Mingo" Machingo
    Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
    Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
    Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
    KIA Petersburg, Virginia
Working...
X