New book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New book

A new book crossed my desk at work this morning: The Horrid Pit: the Battle of the Crater, the Civil War's Cruelest Mission by Alan Axelrod. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but just wanted to let folks know.

The Horrid Pit: The Battle of the Crater, the Civil War's Cruelest Mission [Axelrod, Alan] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The Horrid Pit: The Battle of the Crater, the Civil War's Cruelest Mission

Colleen (who's happy to be a librarian in charge of a history room!)
    [FONT=FranklinGothicMedium][color=darkslategray][size=1]Colleen Formby
    [URL=www.agsas.org]AGSAS[/URL]
    [URL]www.geocities.com/col90/civilwar.html[/URL] [/font][/color][/size][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Re: New book

Thanks Colleen.. Im 'in the industry' also.. I get to see most of the new books when they are first published. You likely buy books from my company, B&T..

Tom Ragno
    Tom Ragno

Comment

Originally posted by tomp40 View Post
      Thanks Colleen.. Im 'in the industry' also.. I get to see most of the new books when they are first published. You likely buy books from my company, B&T..

Tom Ragno
      Yep, I order all the books for the Maryland Room, and use BB&T quite a bit!

Colleen
      [FONT=FranklinGothicMedium][color=darkslategray][size=1]Colleen Formby
      [URL=www.agsas.org]AGSAS[/URL]
      [URL]www.geocities.com/col90/civilwar.html[/URL] [/font][/color][/size][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Comment

With that title, it sounds an awful lot like The Horrid Pit: The Battle of the Crater, published about 20 years ago by the H.E. Howard Co. of Lynchburg, VA; a copy of it has been on my bookshelf for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin O'Beirne View Post
          With that title, it sounds an awful lot like The Horrid Pit: The Battle of the Crater, published about 20 years ago by the H.E. Howard Co. of Lynchburg, VA; a copy of it has been on my bookshelf for many years.
          Wow! To think they recycled the title so soon. I found mention of the old edition of the book here on the AC Forum:

"The Horrid Pit:" The Battle of the Crater" in August 2004.

It gives "Cavanaugh, Michael A. and William Marvel. The Petersburg Campaign: The Battle of the Crater 'The Horrid Pit', June 25-August 6, 1864 . (Lynchburg, Va.: H.E. Howard, Inc., 1989)." And this new one's by Alan Axelrod. Fascinating.

Linda.
          Last edited by LindaTrent; 07-29-2007, 05:20 PM. Reason: fix an error.
          Linda Trent
          [email]linda_trent@att.net[/email]

“It ain’t what you know that gets you into trouble.
          It’s what you know that just ain’t so.” Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X