Great Auction Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Auction Items

I signed up to take a look at these wonderful pieces of history. This collection runs the spectrum. The drums are beautiful and an original gum blanket, haversacks, knapsacks, uniforms are up for auction.

If only I had a few thousand extra dollars.

Thanks for sharing.

Kirk D. Long

Comment

I attended the auction yesterday. The GA shell jacket went for $5500.00. The auctioneer got messed up at the start and was auctioning a different item....the bidding got to $60.00 for the jacket before the crowd brought it to the auctioneers attention :D It then progressed to the $5500 price. I bid, but lost out on the Harpers Ferry conversion, both cart. boxes and cap boxes. I had a great time, just a lack of cash :D

That is the first gum blanket I have seen in person. The confed. kepi went for 13k.
      Jerry Holmes
      28th GA. Inf
      65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Comment

Garrison,

Thank you. Growing up where and when I did it wasn't unusual to see one or two of these in most sheds, garages, and barns. The 20th century version of these barrels are still very common today.
        [B]Charles Heath[/B]
        [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Hey Jerry,

It must have been pretty exciting, and quite the fun looking at all those cool artifacts. Do you recollect what the cased image of the Mississippi Colonel went for? It was a real nice one and he was holding and officer's model sword across his lap , which I think was C.S. made to boot!

Originally posted by 65thgainf View Post
          I attended the auction yesterday. The GA shell jacket went for $5500.00. The auctioneer got messed up at the start and was auctioning a different item....the bidding got to $60.00 for the jacket before the crowd brought it to the auctioneers attention :D It then progressed to the $5500 price. I bid, but lost out on the Harpers Ferry conversion, both cart. boxes and cap boxes. I had a great time, just a lack of cash :D

That is the first gum blanket I have seen in person. The confed. kepi went for 13k.
          Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
          16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
          Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

It was fantastic !

Image went for $4650. Very nice one indeed.

Originally posted by rebjeb04 View Post
            Hey Jerry,

It must have been pretty exciting, and quite the fun looking at all those cool artifacts. Do you recollect what the cased image of the Mississippi Colonel went for? It was a real nice one and he was holding and officer's model sword across his lap , which I think was C.S. made to boot!
            Jerry Holmes
            28th GA. Inf
            65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Comment

Working...
            X