Hand sewing patterns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand sewing patterns...

I'm new here to the forum(s), so please forgive me if this is a repost or if I am out of place.

With that said, I am looking to get my hands on some .PDF files or even a few hand drawn documents with hand-done stitching directions for Federal trousers and sack coats. I had quite a few on file but I lost them in a recent move.

I have an amazing pair of Federal trousers in new condition, but they're entirely machine sewn and I am planning to do a number on them. I could just work off my past works, but I was hoping to find maybe some new and innovative techniques.

Also, in the past, I have used simple store bought navy blue thread for hand detailing and was hoping someone could direct me to some hardcore stuff for this project.

Any help would be so very much appreciated.

Pvt. Bryan O'Keefe, Esquire

Re: Hand sewing patterns...

I do not have any pictures of originals but Stony Brook Company, has some good notes on how they make their reproduction federal pants. I have a pair and they're wonderful! But their web site is full of pictures of their reproduction, nice closeups of the stiching. I would find a picture of an original before copying a repo though...hope this helps.
    their web site is www.stonybrookcompany.com
    Oh and www.crchilds.com has logwood dyed linen thread
    Wade Rogers

Comment

Re: Hand sewing patterns...

Yeah, I've begun using Stony Brook Co. images for now, as I have always been fond of his craftsmanship.

Thanks for the thread link as well.

Pvt. Bryan O'Keefe, Esquire

Comment

Working...
      X