• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A truly magnificent photograph...

I came across this photo:

The details read:

"NCWA Union Brigade Field Music, Ardenwood, CA, May 1999"

Is anyone familiar with this group of gentlemen?

I would be very interested in learning who the photographer was as well.

Remarkable work in every regard.

Pvt. Bryan O'Keefe, Esquire

Re: A truly magnificent photograph...

Hello,
    It's very possible the photographer was William Dunnaway, who still does much period photography here in California, along with Wayne Pearce. Best regards.
    Tom "Mingo" Machingo
    Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
    Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
    Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
    KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Evening,

I do believe that this is some of Will's work. I'll drop a note to Marty Sampson who is one of folks in the image and check that.

Stu Howe

Comment

Yeah, that's Will Dunniway's work. We're damn lucky to have him out here. He does all the majore images of my staff here at Old Oak Ranch. The unit is the California Consolidated Drum Band and are the only real functioning fife and drum unit in the state. I play with them every once in a while (not as often as I would like). They keep the art of fife and drum alive in CA. Jack Doyle, front row left, is a good buddy of mine. I'll let them know you liked the image.

Andrew
        Andrew Quist
        Director, Old Oak Ranch Educational Programs
        www.oldoak.com/goldcamp.html

".. . let no man, unchallenged, asperse the memory of our sacred dead, our fallen comrades, with the charge of treason and rebellion. They fell in defense of the liberty and independence of their country, consequently were heroes and patriots."

- General George W. Gordon, Army of Tennessee

Comment

Afternoon:

Marty's response to my email of last evening, was that the image was taken by Will Dunniway The individuals in the image are Andrew Endsley, Jack Doyle, Bernard Cushing, Casey Wolfbiehl (?), Don Smith, Marty Sampson, and Chris Drake. All good folks to have around.

Stu Howe

Comment

Originally posted by Stu_Sac View Post
            Afternoon:

Marty's response to my email of last evening, was that the image was taken by Will Dunniway The individuals in the image are Andrew Endsley, Jack Doyle, Bernard Cushing, Casey Wolfbiehl (?), Don Smith, Marty Sampson, and Chris Drake. All good folks to have around.

Stu Howe
            The Drum Major appears to be, Casey Wohlfeil from the Southern Guard, and the second drummer from the right looks like, Andrew Endsley from the AOP.
            Last edited by HOG.EYE.MAN; 09-28-2007, 09:19 PM.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
            Cincinnati

Comment

Working...
            X