Headgear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headgear

Does anyone know where I could get a hat like/similar to this. He is a cousin of my great-great grandfather and fought with the 18th IL Inf. It would be nice to have headgear like the one John Livley is sporting.
    Attached Files

Re: Headgear

Matt,
    Check out Clearwater Hats Co.

Best,
    Cody Johnson
    "Fancy the comforts of such a life as this!"
    Cody Johnson
    Fighting Boys Mess

Comment

Try Dirty Billy's. He has a similar style called the Sam Clark.
      Nick Buczak
      19th Ind

[url]http://www.allempires.com[/url]

Comment

Clearwater Hats have two styles that appear to be similar to the one in the image you have attached. Take a look at their 'Antietam' and their 'Gettysburg' styles. Clearwater will work with you to make a hat with what ever width brim, or hight in the crown you 'd like.
        Brian Hicks
        Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Tim Bender might be able to make that style for you.He does a lot of woodcarving,so he could carve up the hat block.Just send him the info and demensions of the hat,as well as a copy of the photo.Hope this helps.
          Cullen
          Cullen Smith
          South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Mr. Anderson,
            I have a similar hat from Tim Bender, it is his low crowned bowler.
            Steve Sullivan

Comment

Mr. Anderson, the hat makers metioned above are considered by many in the hobby to be excellent craftsmen. Send the photo to them.
              Herb Coats
              Armory Guards &
              WIG

Comment

I have a hat almost identical to that one from Tim Bender. It is called a Flat Top Bowler - Mosby Style.

Here is a link to that hat on his site http://www.benderhats.com/flattopbowler.html

It could also be the Bell Crown

Tim is an excelent crafstman and a true pleasure to deal with.

Ben Quie
                Last edited by Norsk; 10-03-2007, 09:08 PM. Reason: Additional Info
                [FONT=Times New Roman]Ben Quie
                2nd MN, Co. A[/FONT]

Comment

Thanks very much for all your responses. I chuckle when I read your responses as "Mr. Anderson", I cannot help but think of the movie(s) "The Matrix" when Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) would recognize Neo/Mr. Anderson (Keanu Reeves).
                  I will consult with Tim Bender and Clearwter and hopefully they can create a hat close to my ancestor's.

Comment

Try Dirty Billy's in Gettysburg ,I've seen that style, (Mosby),hat there many times.
                    Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

Tim Bender...Flat Top Bowler...thanks.
                      Tom "Mingo" Machingo
                      Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
                      Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
                      Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
                      KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Working...
                      X