Sweaters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweaters???

Am I missing something? Is the idea that a thread is old a sign that the information is no longer relevant or worth discussing?

Comment

Mod Note: Good info is good info. Keep it coming, it does not matter how old a thread is.
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

There might be updates to our known information to share with the forum... so, oldies can be goodies in my book on here.
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

I figured I would just add to this thread, rather than starting another. Please forgive me if it does not belong.

In The Story of a Cannoneer Under Stonewall Jackson by Edward A. Moore, he mentions being given a knit jacket by a friend of the family while on the Banks Campaign in 1862. I do not have my copy of the book with me at the moment, but his description is along the lines of being lead gray in color, with blue trim along the edges, and the body fitting more like the length of a shirt. Does anyone with more knowledge of knit garments have any idea what something like this may have looked like?
          Shawn Sturgill
          Governor Guards
          SCAR

Comment

Working...
          X