Correct Die-Stamped Militia Plate Reproductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Correct Die-Stamped Militia Plate Reproductions

Thanks for all the information Don, and we will definitely need some of that for the 2011-2012 period, we have quite a few Militia and LH programs planned for SC.
    Here is the famous image of the Charleston Zouave Cadets at Castle Pickney.

Gregory Deese
    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Re: Correct Die-Stamped Militia Plate Reproductions

Hi Greg,

No problem, Happy to help.

That is one of my favorite images. If I remember correctly the cadets are wearing a white buff leather cart. box belt. I have a sharper copy of the picture in my library. I will double check on my end.

It would be neat to see more of the white webbing used for the early anniversary 150th events. I have gotten my last 200 yard in to make up webbing for the 150ths. After that I will probably stop having it made as it is getting harder and harder to find a mill here that will do the job correctly & match the original I have.

Last year with the help of Neil Rose I copied and duplicated a SC Militia Belt with oval SC lead filled plate, fitted with a bar and sheet metal tongue. It made up a pretty cool belt

Here are copied of the pics of the original that were posted her on the AC & pics of the repop I made for fun.

(The plate on the repop is a little different, as it is the only SC oval plate shell stamping available currently & I wanted to figure out how the hooks actually fit)

Don S
      Attached Files
      Don F Smith

Comment

Working...
      X