Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie question on correct uniform for Tn soldier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question on correct uniform for Tn soldier.

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and just beginning to get into this hobby. Please forgive me if I has posted this in the wrong area.

I am interested in purchasing a correct reproduction of the uniform my ancestor wore during the war. He was in the 3rd Tennessee (Lillard's) Mounted Infantry, Company K, enlisted at Mt. Vernon, in Monroe County Tennessee. He served from Jan. 1862 until his death at Vicksburg April 11, 1863. He was a Private.

I don't know how many, if any, different uniform types he would have worn. Could someone tell me the type of uniform he would have worn at Vicksburg and where I could find pictures of it? What kind of rifle, shoes, hat, etc. would they have had?

Thanks for any info !!
    Randy Gann
    In Memory of my GGG Grandfather, Pvt. James E. Gann, Vaughn's - 3rd Tennessee Mounted Infantry. In service before Manassas, passed from Smallpox at Vicksburg, 11 April 1863. Left a young wife and several children.

God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families, Past and
    Present !

DEO VINDICE

Re: Newbie question on correct uniform for Tn soldier.

Try this thread
    Burt Page
    Salt River Rifles/75th OVI

Comment

Before the mods jump all over you, you have to sign your full name to your posts.
      Andrew Turner
      Co.D 27th NCT
      Liberty Rifles

"Well, by God, I’ll take my men in and if they outflank me I’ll face my men about and cut my way out. Forward, men!” Gen. John R. Cooke at Bristoe Station,VA

Comment

Thank you fellas !

Randy Gann
        GGG Grandson of James E. Gann who gave his life for a cause he believed in.
        Randy Gann
        In Memory of my GGG Grandfather, Pvt. James E. Gann, Vaughn's - 3rd Tennessee Mounted Infantry. In service before Manassas, passed from Smallpox at Vicksburg, 11 April 1863. Left a young wife and several children.

Present !

DEO VINDICE

Comment

Thanks for the info !
          Randy Gann

Present !

DEO VINDICE

Comment

Hi,

If I were you I would buy my self a commutation jacket, which is good in most parts of the war from 1861 to 1864, but some were used in 1865. For a second coat I would go with a Columbus Depot style jacket or some other deep South Depot, or maybe a frock coat. For any of these items I would go to Trans-Mississippi Depot, Wambaugh and White, or C. J. Daley.

Andrew Kasmar

4th Missouri
            Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Working...
            X