Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pillow Tick Frocks

Amazing ;) Neil.

Viewing the original tells my eye a couple of things right off. First, the item pictured has a plain weave, not a twill weave common in modern ticking. In fact, its not even a particularly dense plain weave. This coat would have been utter misery in the rain, thick enough to be slow drying, with a weave that does nothing to repel water

Want to replicate the look of this coat? Based on the weave, and drape shown in the pictures, Klien's heavyweight shirting would be about right.

I'm just as interested in the trousers under the jacket though--are these simply 'window dressing' to the exhibit, or are they originals?--they look to be linen fabric in the image.
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Re: Pillow Tick Frocks

I would agree with Mrs Lawson. the fabric of the original coat is not dense enough to be ticking. It is a stripped fabric.

I also agree.. with her question about the trousers.. would love to see those up close and inside out.. LOL

regards
      Catherine Kelly
      Catherine L. Kelly
      Delaware

Comment

Working...
      X