Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a previous thread

Hello All,

Awhile back there was a thread on the use of belts vs. suspenders to hold up a soldiers trousers. The thread was supplemented by numerous photos of soldiers wearing belts and soldiers wearing suspenders submitted by Jason Wickersty and Mark Herman. I cannot for the life of me find this post. If anyone can lead me in the right direction here I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer
    Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

Re: looking for a previous thread

Personally, I would rather choose one or the other. Braces because of how easy they are to wear. Belts because it makes running to the sinks so much easier. Together... well, if I was wearing a pair of trousers that were huge and I had suspenders that made them hover around me like BOBO the clown, then I would throw a belt on....

But, how easy was it to get either on campaign?

Then again... we should be wearing less instead of accessorizing like a bunch of women on Girls Night Out.

:wink_smil
    Guy W. Gane III
    Casting Director/Owner
    Old Timey Casting, LLC.

Member of:
    49th NYVI Co. B
    The Filthy Mess

Historian since 1982 - Reenactor since birth - Proud Member of the 'A.C.' since September 2004.sigpic

Comment

It my last event I popped a button and ended up wearing one brace as a belt. ;-)
      Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
      1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
      Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

I'm not talking about wearing BOTH suspenders and a belt. I'm looking for the link to the thread discussing suspenders VS. belts. Thanks.

Josh Sawyer
        Liberty Rifles
        Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

Comment

Don't know about the thread, but this site has some nice photo studies of both and may be what you remember: http://www.cwreenactors.com/~sykes/e...LOC_shirts.php
          Bob Williams
          26th North Carolina Troops
          Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

Working...
          X