Kentucky Military Institute Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Military Institute Buckle

Can anybody tell me where I can find either and original or repo KMI Belt Buckle.The reason is,is that is the impression that the officer of my unit is doing.I have seen one repro,and at the civil war show this past year in Nashville i saw an original,but didn't know if the asking price for it was good or bad.
    Brian Maddox
    37th Tn Co H

Re: Kentucky Military Institute Buckle

You mean one of these :

KMI - Kentucky Military Institute circa 1850 - 1860

Follow this link : http://www.hanoverbrass.com/BucklesPg7.htm
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Thanks silas,
      Oh and watch your back next time we are provost .
      Brian Maddox
      37th Tn Co H

Comment

Kiss my rebel backside. We're even on the score for all the muskets I talked out of the hands of unspecting police guards at Perryville. That trick won't work on your folks any longer. Of course there is that little problem with you guys knowingly allowing the provost marshal to provide false passes signed by the assistant provost marshal solely for the purpose of arresting unsuspecting persons with bogus passes.

Many accounts were written about officers walking away with the musket of some fresh fish. Other than court martial proceedings, I'm not aware of anything similar to the conspiracy to which you guys followed at the instigation of the provost marshal. Care to shed some light on the legality of your illegality?
        Silas Tackitt,
        one of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas View Post
          Many accounts were written about officers walking away with the musket of some fresh fish.
          Brian, did someone say "FRESH FISH?"
          Pat Brown

Comment

That is true silas,but i think a certain private just wanted some revenge.but hey it was all fun and games.
            Brian Maddox
            37th Tn Co H

Comment

Lindsey,
              Its been awhile since i have heard that name.
              Brian Maddox
              37th Tn Co H

Comment

The job of veterans is to pass on the abuse they suffered while still fresh fish. Actually, the musket theivery was really the brainchild of your provost marshal. He suggested I do it. He even gave me some tips on who would be the best guys to approach at Perryville. Fast forward one year. Who is the guy who implemented my arrest? Look no farther than the provost marshal who personally gave me a bogus pass. He directed y'all check my pass for the incorrect signature. So, the devil isn't me. He's one of y'all. Seems to me that something needs to be done to the provost marshal and that way everyone's score is even.

Just sayin'.

FYI, I didn't go after anyone at Mill Springs. Y'all knew better than to let me receive a musket from one of your guys. That's why I didn't try. It might have looked like I was trying some guys, but I wasn't. However, nothing prevented you from going after fresh fish in the companies who assisted you in performing provost duties at Mill Springs. I have no plans to go after anyone at Andersburg or Chickamauga. That's for others to do.

On a different note, are any of you who are going to Andersburg intending to do the pre-event march? Let me know.
                Silas Tackitt,
                one of the moderators.

Comment

well your right about the provost marshall,but i can't say who wanted to arrest you....lol.Are you talking about the gettysburg event?we are going,but i don't know if we are doing the march.
                  Brian Maddox
                  37th Tn Co H

Comment

Working...
                  X