Suspenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspenders

Looking for first new set of suspenders in 15 years. I've read a number of posts on this board about authenticity of elasticized braces, as well as the folks who sell them. I'm looking for opinions on different suspender styles and sutlers. What has been your experience? Thanks in advance.

Mark Green
    15 NJVI, Co. E
    Last edited by New Jerseyman; 04-03-2008, 11:03 AM. Reason: Added signature
    Mark Green
    15 NJVI, Co. E

Re: Suspenders

Sign your name to your posts please.
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Brian Merrick of Corner Clothiers makes top notch braces. I own a pair and am quite satisfied.
      Gregory Randazzo

Gawdawful Mess http://www.gawdawfulmess.com
      John Brizzay Mess
      SkillyGalee Mess
      http://skillygalee-mess.blogspot.com/

"The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states." Charles Dickens, 1862

“These people delight to destroy the weak and those who can make no defense; it suits them.” R.E. Lee referring to the Federal Army.

Comment

I also have a pair of the "Rouge's Suspenders" from Corner Clothiers. I am very happy with them.
        Michael L. Martin, NWCWC, US Medical Dept.

Comment

I have a pair of braces from Missouri Boot and Shoe and they're top notch
          Kindest regards,

Robert "Rocky" Kilpatrick
          Prattville Lodge #89 F&AM

Comment

Gregory you beat me to the punch! haha. I will say Brian's bracers are absaloutely oustanding in quality. I purchased a pair of bracers from him in the farmers( I believe its the name of the style) pattern. He attached the from leather tabs with a jappaned black shoehole rivet. Also he got bored with the his original intention to make the webbing plain white and handsewed on a red & white tape for decoration. I was absaloutely amazed at his quality and they have become one of my favorite items I own. I would definetaly reccomend Brian, but there are many others you can seek out for this item. As far as elasticized bracers go, they are correct and quite a few of quality suppliers sell them.
            Pvt/Cpl. Roy James Brown
            [SIZE="2"]1st Michigan Engineers Co. E, Grand Rapids Boys (Franklin Shaw) Discharged[/SIZE]
            [SIZE="2"]36th Illinois Infantry Co. B, Prodigal Sons Mess (Henry Alcott) Discharged[/SIZE]

[I]Cowards die many times before their deaths;
            The valiant never taste of death but once.[/I]-Julius Caesar, William Shakspeare

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Don Smith also has top notch suspenders.He also sell correct belts that are ment to hold up your trouses insread of suspenders.
              Shawn Sturgill
              Governor Guards
              SCAR

Comment

Can't go wrong with Corner Clothiers. I own 6 pairs of braces (one for each set of trowsers).
                Ted Siljowicz

Comment

Working...
                X