Camp furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp furniture

Yes, this still is Authentic-Campaigner. :)

I am curious if anyone knows of really good vendors for camp furniture (particularly chairs). Thankfully we have good options these days in other material culture vendors like Carter & Jasper.

Thanks!
    Sincerely,
    Emmanuel Dabney
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
    http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Re: Camp furniture

Bob Williams
    26th North Carolina Troops
    Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

Comrade,,

Here:

Charlie makes some nice folding tables, camp chests, etc. He will also consider custom work.

respects,
      Tim Kindred
      Medical Mess
      Solar Star Lodge #14
      Bath, Maine

Comment

Chris Henderson does good work. I've seen a table and field desk that he made for a friend and was impressed. In addition I own a wooden ammo box he made.

Andy Ackeret
        A/C Staff
        Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Emmanuel,

There is a guy who ive only ever seen at the Ford Frederick Market Faire, who does a real good repro of Washingtons Camp Bed. He also does a lot of repro camp equipment. Let me try and dig up his information for you. Not sure if he does 19th Century things. Worth a try!

N.T. Hurst

Comment

Have you ever considered making your own? Hard cracker boxes are not very difficult to make. In fact, on the Sykes Regulars website, there is a pattern with directions on there. I would recommend buying wood form a lumber store...i made one last summer from rough sawed wood and it shrunk overnight. Shrinkage was not such a problem...it's the weight! My completed box weighs about 18 lbs.
            Luke Gilly
            Breckinridge Greys
            Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

Earlier this year there was an ad for a ticking cover. Where can I find it on the web.

Thanks

Pvt Ziggy

Comment

Thank you for these links! Some great stuff is offered by those folks.
                Sincerely,
                Emmanuel Dabney
                Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
                http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Comment

Working...
                X