Field Drum Blog Resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Drum Blog Resource

An interesting Blog site dedicated to field drums with some great images...

“Build it and they will drum.” Dedicated to research, study and comparisons of field drums. Our purpose is to collect information about historical U.S. drums (manufacture, preservation, conservancy, repair, market) for use by scholars, collectors and others. Photographs of drums, and anything related, together with informative narratives, are welcome. Interested readers will find archived postings a good resource. Reach us at emirsky@gmail.com.

Regards,

Erick Gustin
    51st OVI Co. B
    Cleveland Zouave Light Guards

Re: Field Drum Blog Resource

Thanks for the link! I could look at that site for hours.
    Sincerely,
    William H. Chapman
    Liberty Rifles

"They are very ignorant, but very desperate and very able." -Harper's Weekly on the Confederate Army, December 14, 1861

Comment

Re: Field Drum Blog Resource

Sir, thanks for bringing this site to the mess, I have an old wood 14"wide by 10" deep drum shell with hoops and skins but with no tension cord or tugs. It is not cw era but with some refurbishing maybe could learn some "field musician" cadences for tactical movements, thanks again.
      Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
      Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
      Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
      www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

Working...
      X