Over/underplayed fife and drum tunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over/underplayed fife and drum tunes

I think Underplayed would be the British grenedier. Even though it's rev war, they probably still played.... Does anyone know where I could find a strictly CALL BOOK for de drum? I know some calls but I want to know em as the drummers did during the war...
    Kyle (Cuffie) Pretzl
    The Tater Mess

Comment

Originally posted by tater_cuffie View Post
      I think Underplayed would be the British grenedier. Even though it's rev war, they probably still played.... Does anyone know where I could find a strictly CALL BOOK for de drum? I know some calls but I want to know em as the drummers did during the war...

casey's and or hardee's or gilhams for that matter..depending on which one you use
      Joe Korber

oh so many things,
      way to much to list
      have a good one
      :wink_smil

Comment

British Grenadiers is in a 1861 British Drum Tutor that I have. It's also in B and E. Hart's has a tune called Grenadier's Quickstep which may be a strange version of British Grenadiers. In the index it says "Grenadier Quick Step, or B.G." I suppose B.G. stands for British Grenadiers.

You have to be careful when playing "rev war tunes" because the fife parts may be outdated versions from the 1700s or the drumbeats may be modern compositions. This is very common in modern fife and drum corps that wear rev war "uniforms" and in pseudo-historical groups such as Williamburg.
        Last edited by 33rdaladrummer; 07-07-2008, 11:54 AM.
        Will Chappell

Comment

Originally posted by 33rdaladrummer View Post
          British Grenadiers is in a 1861 British Drum Tutor that I have. It's also in B and E. Hart's has a tune called Grenadier's Quickstep which may be a strange version of British Grenadiers. In the index it says "Grenadier Quick Step, or B.G." I suppose B.G. stands for British Grenadiers.

You have to be careful when playing "rev war tunes" because the fife parts may be outdated versions from the 1700s or the drumbeats may be modern compositions. This is very common in modern fife and drum corps that wear rev war "uniforms" and in pseudo-historical groups such as Williamburg.
          See attachments below. Different lyrics, but, judging from the phrasing, more or less the same tune, separated by 47 years (left scan is from 1814, right scan is from 1861).

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
          Attached Files
          Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Working...
          X