Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged 3rd VA drum sells for $1000

Fantastic deal or well-done fake?

This is a Fantastic, Super Rare, Early Civil War drum. This wonderful Old piece has a Great, Early design, with Beautiful paint, including the Confederate Flag, & a nailed on Brass Virginia state crest, is made of Wood, marked "CSA D - 3rd Virginia" & "Made by Baylor 1861" inside, measures approx. 16" x 15", appears to be 100% Civil War period and would be a wonderful addition to any collection. This was recently acquired from a Very Impressive Antique Militaria collection in Virginia, in which only the finest was included, and this is believed to be an actual field used piece. If you will look at our feedback, you will see that we've sold 100's of Original, Period Civil War items, and those buyers have always been very pleased. This appears to be in Very Good, Crisp condition, and displays MUCH better than the pictures show.
    Attached Files
    Will Chappell

Re: Alleged 3rd VA drum sells for $1000

I know nothing about drums, but if this is an orginal it is in excellant condition.
    Marc Riddell
    1st Minnesota Co D
    2nd USSS Company C
    Potomac Legion

Comment

Re: Alleged 3rd VA drum sells for $1000

The question might be what a field use original identified Virginia regt Civil War drum would go for - it ain't $1000. "Made by Baylor, 1861" looks way fishy to me, but I am also no drum expert.
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
      X