PDF's of manuals by Ashworth, Hart and Bruce & Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF's of manuals by Ashworth, Hart and Bruce & Emmett

This is my first post and inevitably I will do something wrong. If so, please accept my humble apology and correct my error.

After several months here reading through posts, mainly related to the music of the Civil War, I have decided to contribute something to the community. I've noticed there are no PDF files of the manuals by Ashworth, Hart or Bruce & Emmett. I downloaded each individual image from Fife & Drum Online and converted each manual into its own PDF. I edited the Hart images so they are straight and not at various angles, otherwise the manuals are exactly as they appear at Fife & Drum Online, just in PDF form. If it is permissible to do so, I will post links to each file for anyone interested.
    Kyle Drinkard

Re: PDF's of manuals by Ashworth, Hart and Bruce & Emmett

I'd like a PDF of Hart. Too bad there's not an online version of the edition with the bass drum parts...
    Will Chappell

Comment

Kyle, advise Silas of your files. Maybe he can add them to his links page. If you haven't been to his links page here is the link: http://www.zipcon.net/~silas/links.htm#N_5_I
      Silas has done a great job putting everything together for all to access.
      [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="5"]Eric Davis
      Handsome Company Mess
      Liberty Hall Drum Corps [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

“A New, Useful and Complete System of Drum Beating” by Charles Ashworth (missing pages 11 and 22)

“Col. H.C. Hart’s New and Improved Instructor for the Drum” by Col. H.C. Hart

“The Drummer’s and Fifer’s Guide” by George Bruce and Dan Emmett

Hart's is huge and I'm not sure why so I would suggest doing the right-click thing on the link and "save as" to avoid a long load time.
        Kyle Drinkard

Comment

Working...
        X