X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The National Civil War Field Music School

May 2014

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that The National Civil War Field Music School will be held this year June 6-8 at the Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead in Lambertville, NJ. Students will receive musical and military training from first-rate instructors. The school’s goal is to educate and assist musicians who seek to re-create the roles of field musicians of the Civil War. This year will be the 13th annual field music school, since the first school held at Fort Delaware in 2002 by Don Hubbard and Jari Villanueva. All ages 10 and up are welcome as are all skill levels (beginner through advanced). Come as Union or Confederate, it doesn't matter.

The Music Faculty for the school includes:
    • Doug Grunn, Bugle, Principal Musician and Chief Bugler of the Mifflin Guard
    • Kate Bolcar, Fife, 7th NJ Field Music, 323d Army Band ("Fort Sam's Own") at Fort Sam Houston, TX
    • Pete Emerick, Fife, Uxbridge Grenadiers Fife and Drum, Instructor of the former Eastern Field Music School
    • Donald Heminitz, Fife, 3rd NJ Field Music, Music Director of the Field Music School, First-Person Interpeter at Plimoth Plantation
    • Bob Stevens, Fife, Principle Fifer for the US Volunteers 2nd Regiment
    • Gerard Cortese, Drum, 7th NJ Field Music, 323d Army Band ("Fort Sam's Own") at Fort Sam Houston, TX
    • Jason Maines, Drum, 119th NY and The Bethpage Colonials Fife and Drum, Long-time Instructor of the Field Music School
    • John St. Peter, Drum, 3rd NJ Field Music and drummer for over 50 years.
    • Jason Wickersty, Drum, 3rd NJ Field Music and NPS Ranger

You can read full bios of the faculty and below staff on our website here: http://nationalcivilwarfieldmusicschool.com/.

The Staff for the school includes:
    • Les Salsbury, School Director
    • John Marriott, Assistant School Director
    • Mike Chambers, Commandant
    • Bob Wagner, Adjutant
    • Joel Hummel, Sergeant Major and Chaplin
    • Marti Stevens, Foodways

There are many others helping out in so many ways-I thank each and every one of them!!!!

I personally am thrilled to have such wonderful musicians and military step up to teach this tradition and area of living history.

Again, our website is http://nationalcivilwarfieldmusicschool.com/

You can also find us on Facebook!

Meanwhile if you are interested, please mark the date (June 6-8). You can reserve a spot today by e-mailing nationalfms@gmail.com or e-mailing me personally at dheminitz@gmail.com.

You can also help us by spreading the word about the school. A poster is available on the website under Registration Forms & Info.

Thanks

Don Heminitz
    Donald Heminitz

"It’s always nice to hear good music played well." — John C. Moon
Working...
X