Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of Infantry Bugle Calls

Dear AC community,

I have written an article on what I believe to be the intended use of Infantry Bugle Calls. Any feedback here or by other means is greatly appreciated. As the document was apparently too large to upload (3.6 MB), I will give you a link to my association's website (in Dutch): http://vmlh.nl/artikelen where it can be found as Infantry Bugle Calls of the American Civil War.

I hope this article helps in bridging the gap often seen between those in command and those who play the instruments.

With very best wishes,

Raymond
    Raymond Rammeloo

Re: Use of Infantry Bugle Calls

Nice work.

I will suggest that your record all the signals and add them as mp3s to the document. That would make it of much easier use... especially for the people who don't know how to read they music.
    Thomas Aagaard

Comment

Try this link Thomas. http://civilwarbuglecalls.blogspot.com/
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Thomas, thank you for the compliment. I am willing to make recordings once I have some proper recording equipment, though they are already freely available as you see in Tyler's link. Thanks for sharing these, Tyler.
        In re-enactment practice, one should get used to the daily calls quite quickly, though units may wish to dedicate time during their drill to teach the calls for skirmishers. Starting with a few, you can easily expand to the whole lot over a course of several events. This all depends on having a dedicated and well-informed bugler, which sadly often is the bottle-neck. I hope this article encourages the proper use of buglers and shows that they have an important role to play. There are some really good buglers in the field already, let's support those that want to get there too.
        Raymond Rammeloo

Comment

Thanks for the link. A good and easy to use page.

I allready knew they can be found online, And since I have played the trombone for many years I can read the score.
          But not all reenactors can read a score and if you are sitting with your tablet or smartphone going to a website to hear it is not that practical.
          So being able to hear the calls within the pdf as you are reading it would be nice.

Anyway, I think it is a good article and this was just a suggestion as an improvement.
          Thomas Aagaard

Comment

Working...
          X