Mississippi Musicians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Musicians?

Hello guys. I am interested in finding a group of field musicians locally in the Meridian, MS area. I have seen a couple from AL and would be interested in visiting with them. My skills are not great, but I play both drum and fife. Anywho, Sound off if you are somewhat close to my location.

Scott Davis
    [I][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Garamond"]Scott Davis
    Lost Drummer and Fifer[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

Re: Mississippi Musicians?

Scott,

Unfortunately there are not many CW field music groups in the deep south. I, my brother, and my father are in the 33rd Alabama, but none of us live there anymore. Our fifer lives in Tennessee and our bass drummer in Georgia, and I in Virginia. There was a yankee unit out of Atlanta, the 125th Ohio, but the last I heard they had all but disbanded. There is another father and two son fife, snare, and bass drum team out of Georgia who do a Confederate impression. Their surname is Franklin. Good luck in your search. Feel free to send me a PM if you have further questions. I may be able to help coordinate with some folks closer to home or let you know the next western event we plan to attend.
    Will Chappell

Comment

Re: Mississippi Musicians?

I will continue my search. I have actually thought about running an ad in the newspaper. That should pull some out of hiding!
      [I][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Garamond"]Scott Davis
      Lost Drummer and Fifer[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Working...
      X