Antietam Early Banjo Gathering II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antietam Early Banjo Gathering II

We will again host the AEBG at the Pry House (McClellan's HQ) on Sept. 14, 15 and 16, 2007.

Thisw event is open to all period banjo players, band members, enthusiasts and banjo nuts. We will have workshops covering history, playing styles, performace techniques and current minstrel and banjo scholarship for the period 1840-1865.

Camping will be available for a limited number of participants, local hotels will book early so please make sure you get your reservation in quickly.

The cost for the Gathering is $40.00 and we will limit registrations to 50 players only.

For more inforrmation, e-mail or message me from this board.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]George Wunderlich
    Executive Director
    National Museum of Civil War Medicine and
    The Letterman Institute [/FONT]

Re: Antietam Early Banjo Gathering II

George

I will be there. I will be at Fort Meade the first three weeks of September. Won't be able to bring my wagon this time. :cry_smile

Doug
    <table width="100%"><td width="230">[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]</td><td align="left" valign="top">Beir bua agus beannacht
    Douglas A. Harding
    Park Ranger
    Jefferson National Expansion Memorial

"Secure the shadow, ere the substance fade."
    "Let nature copy that, which nature made."

Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
    [I]A country without a language, a county without a soul. [/I]
    Céad míle fáilte
    [I]A hundred thousand welcomes![/I]

[URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/authenticityguide"][B]Star of the West Society[/B][/URL]
    [URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/doughardingslivinghistoryfriends/"][B]Doug Harding's Living History Friends[/B][/URL]
    [URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ConfederateGuard"][B]The Old Confederate Guard[/B] [/URL]</td></table>

Comment

This of course is a not-to-be-missed event for those with a passion for the minstrel banjo style. EBG 1 was a terrific time, in large part because of the presentations by Robert Winans and Greg Adams on new areas of scholarship and research. Their lectures and playing, in the words of Charles Mattison, "made my scalp tingle."

The jam sessions weren't too shabby, either.:musical_n:beer_yum:
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Carl Anderton[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"A very good idea of the old style of playing may be formed by referring to the [I]Briggs Banjo Instructor."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]Albert Baur, Sgt., Co. A, 102nd Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry.[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Should be good.

- Dan Wykes
        Danny Wykes

Comment

Working...
        X