Resgister for the Antietam Early Banjo Bash II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resgister for the Antietam Early Banjo Bash II

For those interested in the Antietam Early Banjo Conference we need to start getting in the registration.

The conference dats are Sept. 14-16 and McClellan's Headquarters on the Antietam Battlefield.

Period camping is allowed on the grounds if you will be in period dress (encouraged but not required)

We are working out the final schedule of speakers and will have packets ready to mail out as registration begin to come in.

To register:

Send a check for $40 per player (children with a parent or spouses pay $20 additional rather than the full $40)

Mail the check to

NMCWM
    PO Box 470
    Frederick, Md 21740

Enclose a note with the names, addresses, and phone numbers for all being registered. Include period camping needs if desired.

Althoug food is not provided, we will have light snacks throughout the day Saturday and a Friday night reception in the Pry House Barn.

Water and coffee will be available all day.

I hope to have more than one vendor present. There willbe a banjo being built as a prize for the Saturday evening contest. All are encouraged to particpate in the contest which is open to the public and will help raise funds for the NAtional Museum of Civil War Medicine.

For more information call me at 301-695-1864. We are looking for a turnout better than last year!
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]George Wunderlich
    Executive Director
    National Museum of Civil War Medicine and
    The Letterman Institute [/FONT]

Re: Resgister for the Antietam Early Banjo Bash II

I hope that anyone who plays or is interested in Civil War era banjo (and fiddle or other "popular" instruments) will consider attending this event. Last year was the first and the level of scholarship among the presenters was incredible. I've been playing minstrel-style for 7 years and the stuff I learned transformed my playing.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Carl Anderton[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"A very good idea of the old style of playing may be formed by referring to the [I]Briggs Banjo Instructor."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]Albert Baur, Sgt., Co. A, 102nd Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry.[/B][/FONT]

Comment

I am excited about this event. I will be sending in my registration very soon!
      Paul Herring

Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
      Stonewall Brigade

Comment

Paul, I'm delighted to hear you're coming. I'll contact you off-list and we'll discuss how to party correctly.
        [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Carl Anderton[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"A very good idea of the old style of playing may be formed by referring to the [I]Briggs Banjo Instructor."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
        [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]Albert Baur, Sgt., Co. A, 102nd Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry.[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X