Minstrel banjo youtube video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minstrel banjo youtube video.

I play with a group called the Huckleberry Brothers based out of eastern NC.
    I'll see if any them would be interested in the banjo gathering.

I mainly play tin whistle but am learning 19th century fiddle.
    Andrew Turner
    Co.D 27th NCT
    Liberty Rifles

"Well, by God, I’ll take my men in and if they outflank me I’ll face my men about and cut my way out. Forward, men!” Gen. John R. Cooke at Bristoe Station,VA

Comment

That was very nice, really played well
      Adam Ward

Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
      Sykes Regulars 2nd & 4th U.S. Infantry
      The Shocker Mess
      The Hedgesville Blues

Comment

Camptown Hornpipe/ Hard Times Jig is my favorite from your stuff.
        Randy Allen

Comment

Where did you get you banjo??

Adam Ward
          Adam Ward

Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
          Sykes Regulars 2nd & 4th U.S. Infantry
          The Shocker Mess
          The Hedgesville Blues

Comment

Originally posted by TheRegularsDrummerCo.H View Post
            Where did you get you banjo??

Adam Ward
            banjo, banjos, minstrel banjo, minstrelbanjo, hartel banjo, 5 string, james hartel, sweeny, boucher, stichter, civil war, 19th century, replicas, reproductions, banjo maker, old time banjo, clawhammer, ashborn
            [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Carl Anderton[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"A very good idea of the old style of playing may be formed by referring to the [I]Briggs Banjo Instructor."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
            [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]Albert Baur, Sgt., Co. A, 102nd Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry.[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Re: Minstrel banjo you tube video.

Sir, being new to this forum I've been going back to the beginning threads and coming forward. I found your video and your music has plucked my heart strings. Thanks for sharing, from a six string strummer.
              Last edited by yeoman; 06-18-2008, 10:59 PM. Reason: spelling
              Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
              Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
              Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
              www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

Pard,

I have much enjoyed watching your videos. I absaloutely love the mintrel banjo style (not to mention i am a banjo picker). I really wish at some events you saw this music more, rather than the over-represented styles and songs. Where's your Banjo from?
                Pvt/Cpl. Roy James Brown
                [SIZE="2"]1st Michigan Engineers Co. E, Grand Rapids Boys (Franklin Shaw) Discharged[/SIZE]
                [SIZE="2"]36th Illinois Infantry Co. B, Prodigal Sons Mess (Henry Alcott) Discharged[/SIZE]

[I]Cowards die many times before their deaths;
                The valiant never taste of death but once.[/I]-Julius Caesar, William Shakspeare

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                X