2nd S. Carolina, a March appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd S. Carolina, a March appreciation

It so happens the 2nd South Carolina String Band, one of the more popular period-correct string bands around (and for good reason, I might add) is hosting and playing at two special reenactor appreciation performances in Gettysburg the weekend of March 8.

A nominal cost ($10) to attend apparently also gets you a CD album recording of the event (when finished later) so this is truly done in a spirit of appreciation, not quick profit.

- Dan Wykes

(Note: This band would not, and did not, have anything to do with this post. This is entirely unsolicited by them. I have no connection with them and I did not include a link to their website. I apologize ahead to them if I've made any errors in the info . I do understand if the Admin. here wants to pull this, but given how serious this band is about authentic performance, even if their entire performance is not done that way, I thought it helpful to mention).
    Last edited by Danny; 02-06-2008, 02:50 PM.
    Danny Wykes

Re: 2nd S. Carolina, a March appreciation

Thanks for your kind comments, Dan. We're always striving to improve our impression and authenticity, both in appearance and in the music.

In fact, we'll be redoing some of the older songs from the days of our cassette tapes, but with the better sound quality of the CD, and of course improvements in musical authenticity which we've achieved over the years through our research. It looks like there's going to be at least 25 tracks, which will probably have to fit on a double CD, hopefully due out this summer.

The plan is to use no modern amplification methods, and period attire and vocal expressions are highly encouraged. Should be quite the hoot!

Joe Whitney
    2nd SC String Band
    Md Line Field Music
    Civilwarband.com

Comment

Working...
    X