Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlarging Photo Detail Help?

Hallo!

Would, could, anyone post tips on how to "save" the portions of images enlarged for detail?

Being a Luddite, I can use Photo Shop to enlarge a portion of a picture to focus on detail, but when I save it and go to post it, the image has reverted back to its standard full size.
    Sigh.

Help anyone?

Danke!

Curt
    Technology is wonderful, when it works, Mess
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Re: Enlarging Photo Detail Help?

Herr Schmidt -

Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool (the one that looks like a rectangle made of a dashed line.) Hold the mouse button down, and drag it until you've created a "marquee" around the selected area you want to show. Select "Copy," and that segment of the image is now stored on your clipboard. Create a new file, and "Paste." Save that, and that's the image you want to post.
    Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Re: Enlarging Photo Detail Help?

Curt: What I do is down load and save the archival Tiff version to my computer and open the picture in my photo program which is Adobe Photo Shop. I enlarge the picture to see what I want. I then put a square around the portion I want to look at and go to image, crop. It takes all the picture away except the part I want. The original picture is still saved, just not on the screen. I then "save as" and save the part that is left after I cropped. I save it as a jpg or a tiff.

I am sure there are other ways to do this.
      Jim Mayo
      Portsmouth Rifles, Company G, 9th Va. Inf.

CW Show and Tell Site
      http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

Comment

Working...
      X