Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond, VA Capital Building

Hi All,

I found this picture pretty interesting and I have a high-def scan and thought I'd share it with the forum. This is Richmond, obviously after the war had ended, I can't give a date, so if someone knows one I'd love to find out when this was taken. I've cropped the images of the soldiers, I find them rather interesting because 2 privates are standing at attention, one is just kind of "chillin" as the officer stands arms crossed. There are also two rather "proper" gentelemen lounging around the grounds, very well dressed and it just struck me as a little odd any idea who these guys may be? Also, notice all the busted windows. Anyway, enjoy.
    Attached Files
    Brandon English

"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."--William T. Sherman

Re: Richmond, VA Capital Building

The gent in the top hat in the first photo is Matthew Brady. Thanks for posting the photo!
    Tom "Mingo" Machingo
    Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
    Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
    Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
    KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Looking at the photo you just have to wonder what the private next to the officer had crammed in his sack coat. Whatever it was looks like it was pretty big and bulky. Gotta love the little details like that, Nice photo, thanks for posting.
      -Seth Harr

Liberty Rifles
      93rd New York Coffee Cooler
      [I]
      "One of the questions that troubled me was whether I would ever be able to eat hardtack again. I knew the chances were against me. If I could not I was just as good as out of the service"[/I]
      [B]-Robert S. Camberlain, 64th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Secesh View Post
        The gent in the top hat in the first photo is Matthew Brady.
        So it seems! Thanks for catching that!
        Brandon English

"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."--William T. Sherman

Comment

Hi,

Nice photo, thanks for posting it!!!!
          Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Working...
          X