Stonewall Jackson Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonewall Jackson Painting

I know it is not a photo, but I guessed this would be the correct place for the following painting. It's been made by a friend of mine (Augusto Ferrer-Dalmau) who is an accomplished professional artist. It has been his first time he has done an ACW painting. His webpage is:
    WEB OFICIAL DE VENTAS DE AUGUSTO FERRER-DALMAU | Contacto: +34 661 84 10 66

Please, notice that this message is not an ad. The painting is already sold and I don't think August will do many ACW paintings in the future. He and I are just curious what you think about it. It is an oil painting and it is not really large. It depicts Stonewall Jackson in full uniform for a Confederate General.

The link is:

Unfortunately due to banwidth problems with our reenactment unit webpage I cannot directly put the image on this message. It is a link to the message in our forum where the image is displayed. You don't have to register. Just click the link and click on the picture in order to see it in a larger size.

Fernando J. Carrera

I.R.44
    Barcelona, Spain
    Last edited by Fern; 12-31-2008, 09:45 AM.

Re: Stonewall Jackson Painting

Very nice! His style is very similar to Keith Rocco's. Any chance this would be offered as a limited edition print?
    David Parent

The Cracker Mess
    MLK Mess
    Black Hat Boys
    WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

AFAIK, he won't do it. Sometimes there is a small print run of a painting, but it is rarely done.

He's also a wonderful landscape painter which is shown in some of his military paintings.

I am the fortunate owner of three of Augusto's paintings: Battle of Bailén (1808, last assault of Dupont's army against the Spanish center), an officer from the Joseph Napoleon Spanish regiment in the aftermath of Borodino and a small horse artillery officer (late 19th century)

Btw, I think he's better than Rocco ;-)

Fernando J. Carrera
      www.accuh.com
      I.R.44
      Barcelona, Spain

Comment

Hi,

That is very nice painting. The dead/wounded on the field (in front and just behind Jackson) add alot of realism to the painting. Thanks for posting the painting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew
        Andrew Kasmar

Comment

I've seen his other work, too bad he does not have access to folks doing better impressions. As much as I like his work I'm still partial to Rocco :-) ~Gary

Here is more of his work.
          WEB OFICIAL DE VENTAS DE AUGUSTO FERRER-DALMAU | Contacto: +34 661 84 10 66

PS, Sorry to stray off the topic of the Civil War with this link. Maybe it should go in the sinks.
          Last edited by garyjd; 01-01-2009, 10:35 AM.
          Gary Dombrowski
          [url]http://garyhistart.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X